Alias A-Class Surface Modeller APPLY NOW
As an Alias A-Class Surface Modeller for the Kahn Design Group, by using your previous automotive design experience and innovative thinking, you will be tasked with working with our team to create and support the design of A-class level surfacing for future Coachbuilt projects. With this you may also be called upon to support our other Alias modelling tasks with our production exterior styling programmes. Our small design team prides itself on being multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in potential candidates. As our team is still growing, you will benefit from having a direct input and a high-level of control on the design direction here at Kahn Design but with this a resilience is needed to support the design decisions you have put forward. Candidates will be expected to manage their own time and be drivers of their respective projects. Candidates will be reporting to our Automotive Design Manager. This position resides at the Kahn Headquarters in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
*All candidates MUST submit a link to a portfolio/personal website to be considered for this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop A-Class Surfaces for Coachbuilt projects with the potential to support our production exterior styling programmes.
- Creating compelling sketch models that show a vision for future designs for our regular design reviews.
- Preparing files for visualisation work for internal reviews and occasional press releases.
- To work with our team to guide a design from the sketch phase to concept modelling in Alias, and may be called upon to support through prototyping and production of parts.
- Be responsible for considering both design and engineering solutions for parts you create, with support from our team.
- Converting scan data into workable NURBS for your models.
- Ability to convert potential 2D ambiguities into a 3D solution.
- Ability to sketch 2D solutions for patch layouts etc for communication purposes.
- Strong ability to work on exterior designs and knowledge of exterior design principles.
- A passion for cars and car culture with a desire to follow the latest trends and automotive news.
- Technical knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly processes as it relates to automobiles (preferred).
- A level of understanding Visualisation software, Keyshot for example (preferred).
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level in Transportation Design, Vehicle Design or Automotive Design.
- 2 years Automotive Design Studio experience (preferred).
- Candidates need to be authorised to work in the United Kingdom