Edit and manage your selectionsVIEW YOUR SELECTION
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Automotive Leather Trimmer/Upholster to join our organisation and work alongside our existing team.
The successful candidate will be work closely with our design and production teams on numerous bespoke projects; mainly fitting complete leather re-trims to high-end vehicle marques.
As a company that specialises in bespoke automotive design, we always aim to provide the highest quality products to our clients. So, if you are detail orientated, focused and passionate about your work then we would like to hear from you.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Producing automotive interior parts using trim materials.
· Stripping and re-trimming interior automotive parts.
· Working as part of a small team, applicants must be willing to work closely with the team and work under pressure including tight deadlines.
· The candidate must have excellent organisational skills and maintain company standards at all times.
· Please be advised, a degree of manual labour is also involved in this position and working in closed and confined spaces in a vehicle.
· Any other duties as required by the workshop manager.
The successful candidate must:
· A minimum of 1 year of experience as a vehicle interior trimmer
· Experience of working with brand new cars (Range Rover and Jeep would be desirable, although not essential)
· Fitting automotive replacement seat covers, door cards, dashboards, steering wheels and all other parts
· Knowledge of operating industrial sewing machines, air, power and hand tools
· Basic knowledge of vehicle electronics
· Ability to unpick and re-sew steering wheels
· Must have a good eye for quality and fine detail
· Working with leather, vinyl, Alcantara, adhesives and carpets.
· Highly organised.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Proactive and driven.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and meet targets.
· Adherence to Health and Safety rules and regulations.
· Ability to self-manage work to deadlines.
· Knowledge of the automotive industry is desirable
· Full driving license.