Automotive Design Internships APPLY NOW
Mon, Jan 02, 2023
Design Team, interns take an active part in live projects and work as productive members of our design team. Expectations are high and we view our internship program as an evaluation of prospective candidates for potential future hiring. Using your design experience and innovative thinking, you will be tasked with working with our team to create designs for future projects. However, you may also be called upon for other design tasks (graphic design, product design, etc.) based on your skillset. Our design team prides itself on being multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in potential candidates. Interns will be expected to manage their own time and will be responsible for their respective projects. All work will be highly confidential in nature and may not be shared or distributed outside of the studio. Please be advised, Interns will report to our design manager at the Kahn Headquarters in Bradford, West Yorkshire where candidates will be based for the duration of their internship.
*All candidates MUST submit a link to a portfolio/personal website to be considered for this position.
- Develop design proposals for Kahn Group projects, ranging from design themes for add-on components all the way up to an entirely Coach built car
- Create compelling sketches both freehand and digitally that show a vision for future designs.
- You will have the opportunity to work with our team to guide a design from the sketch phase to concept modelling in Alias, and possibly through prototyping and production parts.
- You will also be responsible for considering both design and engineering solutions for add-on parts you create, with support of our team.
- Participate in non-vehicle design efforts as necessity and your own skillset dictates.
Skills and Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Transportation Design, Vehicle Design, Automotive Design, or Industrial Design.
- Strong ability to work on both exterior and interior design.
- High level of skill taking 2D sketches in freehand and Photoshop formats to 3D modelling in Alias.
- High level of understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Technical knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly processes as it relates to automobiles is a plus.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.